Monday, August 5, 2013

New Zipper Bag

I tried a new tutorial for a zipper bag.  I am not too sure about it.  It has a curved bottom and it did not come out like I wanted it to.  I don't know if it was the lawn fabric or just no fusible fleece.

I tried out my new Liberty Calling fabric by Robert Kaufman.  It is red, white and blue paisley.  Love it.  I did use some sheer weight fusible by Pellon to back the pieces.

See how pretty they look all ironed and ready to go.

I used some Kaffe blue shot cotton for the liner.  I did not put the handle on this one.  I am going back to my ruched bag for my next lawn bag.  

It is nice and soft on the exterior, however, not so cute at the curved bottom.


The pattern for this bag comes as a free tutorial by http://blog.lulalouise.com/2013/06/diy-tutorial-half-circle-zip-pouch-with.html.  I am sorry I did not do justice to her pattern.  I think it would have turned out better with a heavier fabric.  

1 comment: