I have been busy over the holiday finishing more quilts. My dad's is all done except hand sewing the binding to the back. I have my daughter's pin basted and I have the back of my grandson's quilt all pieced. Whew. I also got my November block done for my block swap. I have one more day off to get more done this week before I go back to work. I have lots to get done before Christmas.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
I got my son's Asian inspired quilt sent off last week. I used Daiwabo taupe fabric in cotton and woven cotton on the front. On the back my son had picked out two fabrics he liked when he was here last December and I pieced them together like he wanted. Some math involved. It turned out really great. I love that fabric. My husband and I took a field trip and he photographed the quilt at our favorite spot in Austin.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
I finally got done with my Wildfire Charity Quilt for kids whose homes burned in this summer's Bastrop wildfires. I had to do a little math to get the pieced back done. It was not too bad. I had some low loft poly backing which I used for this quilt. My machine really did not like it very much. I had a little trouble with my bobbin thread. Note to self: Don't ever use this again even if it is on sale.