Sunday, June 5, 2011

Doodle Bricks

I got my Doodle Bricks pieced.  I still have to trim the sides.  It is certainly bright and cheery.  I hope the expectant Mom is going to like it.  I hope it looks less wavy when it is quilted.  I sewed every other row from a different direction like I was supposed to.  I hope this is just the way it is placed on the design wall.


I also forgot to post a picture of a vintage block I found last weekend in Georgetown.  It is a circle with fabric fanning out around it.  I am not sure what I am going to do with it but I have some 1930's reproduction fabric that matches.  I might have to learn how to applique.  


3 comments:

  1. Like your bricks....and what a fun find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your brick quilt. The fabrics you used are just beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doodle Bricks -- what a cute name. And a really cute quilt! The vintage block looks really interesting, too. I love to study the fabrics in old blocks.

    ReplyDelete