Monday, June 13, 2011

Busy Day

I have been a busy camper today.  I got eight blocks cut out for my Farmer's Wife QAL.  I got two of them sewed together.  I have so much fun picking out fabrics for the blocks.  Yeah.  I did get two sewn together.  Spool and Bat wings.

I also got all of my fabric washed, ironed and all the Kona solids cut for my Bottled Rainbow QAL which is ending this month and I am just getting started.  Oh well.  I need to get more scraps in order to do the blocks. Most of my scraps are pastels or civil war and don't match the bright fabrics in this QAL.  I will get it done eventually.



This is a quilt as you go ticker tape quilt.  I am excited to get started.  I might even have enough purple fabric.

On Saturday we went to Buda and I got to pick out some fabric for my Farmer's Wife Quilt at B&B Quilting.  They have the nicest selection of florals.  I love going there.  



Sunday we headed down to Blanco for the Lavender Festival.  They always have good speakers.  This year we learned how to make cleaning products using lavender and how to grow lavender.  Also had a great lunch at the Uptown Cafe.   It was a little warm but not too bad.  There was one quilter there.  She had quilts that were hand-quilted.  They were very nice.  It didn't look like she sold too many even though her prices were reasonable.  

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty fabrics! Too bad the lady didn't sell many quilts. I think the "quilts" at Walmart, JCPenney, etc have hurt people like her. Quality counts, but not everyone sees that, unfortunately.

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete