Monday, July 29, 2013

July Hexagon Bee Project

I finished my hexagon bee project finally.  Basting the hexies is pretty easy.  I am still having a little trouble with sewing them together.  Practice makes perfect they say.

I made a few mug rugs for my scrap swap.  Here is number one.  A wonky log cabin in texty fabric and grays. My binding is not the best on this.  I am much better when I hand stitch the binding on the back.


  1. The grey prints are really nice! At first I just thought it was a b&w photo :)

  2. Cute hexagon project. I have trouble sewing hexagons together, too. I'm not alone! ;) I love how you arranged the text fabric on the mug rug!