Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fishbacked Jungle Quilt

I finished with my Jungle Quilt for an active 3-year old.  Hope he enjoys the bright colors.  I sewed both sides of the binding with the machine.  No time for hand binding.  It turned out pretty good.  It is hard to see but I used a kite string embroidery stitch from my machine to quilt down the middle of the solids.  I used this really great fish material for the backing. To save buying so much fabric I put a strip of bright blue and pink fabric down my pieced back.




I finished this this afternoon and then had to get another small quilt pin basted, quilted and bound before I went to bed.  Gifts have to be delivered tomorrow.  I am happy to say said quilt is in the dryer.  Heard the dryer beep.  I may or may not get a picture of it with my iphone tomorrow before I gift it.

Phew.  It has been a very hectic gift-making week.  I am ready for a little mystery reading for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I loooooveee that fish fabric...your quilt is just soooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete