Sunday, July 29, 2012

Picnic Quilt

Last weekend I finished up piecing my picnic quilt from Nature's Made by Moda.  It was all woven fabric.  I prewashed the fat quarters and they were not happy.  Had a little fraying here and there.  It did turn out cute.  My daughter and grandson should enjoy this.  She is a fanatic about blue.  I used my go to pattern "Fat Quarter Shuffle."  You cut six fat quarters at a time and then shuffle fabric in the different sized piles according to a certain order, i.e. take 1 and put it on the bottom.  Next pile take 2 and put on the bottom, etc.  It is quick to come together.




This weekend I am working on using up a couple more twelve fat quarter bundles of fabric I ordered on-line a couple of years ago.  My taste in fabric has changed over time and I am making some quilt tops that I can donate.  Someone will like that fabric I am sure.  I did not get the one that I finished done in time to take pictures so I will have to do that tomorrow.

I am thinking about getting a Juki TL2000Qi.  If anyone has any experience with a Juki machine I would appreciate comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment