My husband and I went to the quilt store in Georgetown when we went to the Poppy Festival last weekend. I picked up few odds and ends on sale and he decided I needed 12 fat quarters of Moda's Summer Breeze. Who was I to argue.
I also made a baby quilt out of a Max and Whiskers charm pack and I am making another out of Central Park by Kate Spain. I have co-workers who have had grandchildren recently and I am just looking for something small to give them.
You can see part of the Central Park nine patches to the right of my quilt. Coincidentally, the pattern I am using the Central Park for is a Kate Spain pattern called "Verna". I downloaded the other charm square pattern using Max and Whiskers from Sew Mama Sew. I love free so thank you Elizabeth Hartman.
I also did not get a chance to post seven things about myself from the Stylish Blogger Award thanks to LaDonna and Diana at A Sisterly Connection. When I go out of town on business for a week it takes me a while to recuperate.
1. I only have a year and a half until I am eligible for Medicare (a round-about way of stating my age)
2. I had a granddaughter die of SIDS about four years ago.
3. I really enjoy gardening even though that is on hold for now since we are presently living in an apartment.
4. I love school and attended graduate school about 10 years ago and worked on plant tissue culture. I am a scientist wannabe.
5. My favorite color is hot pink. I have a hot pink holder for my iphone and macbook.
6. I was blogging for several years on a site called Vox which is now defunct. I had a lot of photography buddies. My husband and I share a love of photographing, what else, flowers.
7. My favorite food is Mexican. Coming to Texas from Missouri I really got lucky food-wise.
I guess that wraps it up.