Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Lovely Spring Day

Last Monday was a beautiful day here in Austin.  I wanted to check my garden at Mayfield Preserve to see if the irises had bloomed and I needed to take pictures of a couple of quilts.  Out the door with my Nikon I went.

First up was my Very Berry Quilt which I finished quilting.  I quilted just inside and outside the squares.  Used my Quilter's Dream batting for this one since it is the first quilt I made for myself.  I used some Amy Butler Love for the backing.  The hot pink is a little much but it makes me very happy.


I finally finished up a quilt for another of my husband's uncles.  This was one of the first quilts I ever made.  A friend had told me about Keepsake fabric so I went on line and picked up a guy color bundle.  I used "Turning Twenty" again as my pattern.  It has been three years in the making.  Bad me.  I need to put a label on it and send it off.


I also took some pictures of the purple iris and daisies in my garden.



There are five ponds in the lawn area and the central pond had these beautiful yellow iris growing en masse.


So all in all a very satisfying day.

I have two more quilts pin basted and one ready to pin baste.  I am going to get as much done as I can today and tomorrow.

We had our sew-in day for the Austin Modern Quilt Guild yesterday.  I got my fabric cut for "There's a Square in There" by Kate Conklin.  I used my last eight fat quarters of Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt.  I have been saving it for this special project.  Finally got into cutting it. Sigh.  I also worked on getting my strips ready for my "Scrapper's Delight" project from "Sunday Morning Quilts" by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  That should be a fun project.  A very productive day.

2 comments:

  1. your quilts and flowers are lovely. My son is moving to Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are just beautiful. I love your flowers. Spring time is always so beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete