Sunday, January 15, 2012

String Quilt Revival

I treated myself to a new book today with my Barnes and Noble gift card.  It is "String Quilt Revival" by Virginia Baker and Barbara Sanders.  It comes with a DVD featuring Nancy Zimmerman.  It has some really neat string quilt ideas.  They also don't use paper for their foundation.  They use no show mesh stabilizer.  You keep it on the quilt rather than tearing it off.  Great idea.

I, however, am using sketch pad paper for mine.  I picked a charm square pack I am not going to use otherwise for the charm squares in the middle of my string block.  I got two pieced tonight.  Just trying it out.  I was going to do all light floral but I am using those fabrics for my Farmer's Wife quilt so I just stuck with neutrals and darks which I have plenty of.

Took a picture of my two squares, the book and my sketch paper pad.  I will probably do this over time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting!!! I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete