Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Farmer's Wife

I finally am in the last stages of putting the farmer's wife quilt together.  This was my first project ever.  I took a class at Honey Bee here in Austin.  This was probably not the best project to start with but it got me going fast.  We had to churn out 10 blocks a month.  I got everything done but four blocks and put it aside to try some simpler patterns like "Turning Twenty Again".  I was finally motivated to finish my four blocks and get started with putting it together.  The blocks are put together on the diagonal so it is setting triangles, sashing and the like.  I am about 3/4 of the way finished.  Will post a pix when I have it done.  I started out using mostly Moda fabrics so a lot of my quilt was made from Moda charm packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment