Saturday, June 7, 2014

H2H Challenge

This post should be titled "The Joys of Moving" My husband got a promotion to another city which is about 1.5 hours away from Austin.  We took the plunge and moved south so that it is about an equal commute time-wise for both of us.  Between packing and moving not much sewing was done.  I got my quilts pin-basted and my Batik Jewels quilted last weekend when I finished uppacking.  I got the binding done today.  I did some straight line quilting and machine bound it to save time.  The machine binding went well.  This time I used Clover clips and some glue. 



My other quilt for Happy Chemo is a work in progress.  I have it half quilted.  This quilt is from some Moda weaves that I got several years ago and decided to use.  I love the yellow and blue combo. I should have this baby done by tomorrow so I can send both quilts off on Monday.  P.S. This is the new-to-me Juki Exceed 600 that is making my life so much easier.  It is so much fun to quilt on this machine with the bigger throat.  I am almost enjoying the quilting process.



5 comments:

  1. Sue, those are so beautiful! Thank you for making them even during such a busy time. I really appreciate your participation in the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed you had time to make these quilts while you was moving. There are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are all settled in the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts look great. Congratulations on your new machine. You know I keep trying every now and then to machine bind and I always have places that are missed. Thank you for the tip.
    Hope you are having a great day.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. so do you live closer to me ? Atlanta, TX

    ReplyDelete