Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wonky Star Block

I had to do a wonky star block for my block exchange.  First time.  There is a great tutorial at http://thesillyboodilly.blogspot.com/2009/02/wonky-star-tutorial.html.  My block turned out great.


Then I decided it was time to do verykerryberry's Wonky Star QAL.  I saw a quilt on PinInterest that lead me back to the QAL.  http://verykerryberry.blogspot.com/p/quilt-long.html.  This was my first attempt at the wonky star.  The fabric is cut into 12 1/2" pieces and then subcut into nine uneven pieces.  I had trouble with the short and narrow strips.  You can see my points were not there.


The second block turned out better.  I am starting to get the hang of it.  Only eight more blocks to go.  This is a baby quilt.  


I also got all my string blocks completed.  I still have to cut my corner and side pieces and put the whole thing together.  I had a pretty productive sewing weekend.

I also went to a presentation by the Janome educator at my local sewing machine retailer.  I am in love with the Janome 7700.  We got to try fmq and did a small project where we got to try out a variety of stitches.  I am going to save my pennies for this baby.  

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love them all. You did such a great job.
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete