Thursday, October 27, 2011

My block swap adventure blocks

I got my October block from my block swap adventure swapper and I have a sneak peak at the block I made her.  She wanted a specific block from Lily's Quilts called Lynne Bob Square Pants.  It had a lot of hst's.  Luckily they were the size I had on my Accuquilt Die.  That did speed things up a little.

I had my own adventure.  I had a nuclear stress test a few weeks ago that my doctor had some questions on.  I went in Monday for my follow-up and she suggested a cardiac catheterization.  I went in on Tuesday and they found a blockage in my right coronary artery.  Now I am the lucky owner of two stents.  I only had to stay one night in the hospital and I am going back to work half day today.  The miracles of modern medicine.  I am a little gimpy from them going through my femoral artery up to my heart but otherwise feel great.  

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Block Swap Quilt Block

I sent off my first block last month and forgot to post a picture of it.  She wanted red, white and blue.  I did a star in a star pattern I got from my daily blocks I get from Quilt Pro.  Those blocks finally came in handy. It is so easy to import the block pattern, pull it up and print out templates.  Yeah Quilt Pro.  Well you are going to have to imagine this in red white and blue since I forgot to take a picture of it.  This is my practice block with my purple themed fabrics.  These are 12" blocks.

Quilting Fun

I have been fairly productive, I just haven't posted recently.  I went to a local quilt show recently and saw some beautiful quilts and bought some beautiful batik fabric.  I am making a batik quilt using my "Fat Quarter Shuffle" easy peasy pattern.  I used the same pattern for the charity quilt below that I pieced several months ago.  I ran out last week to get border fabric and luckily found a match to one of the fabrics in the quilt.  I need to get that quilted up by the end of the month for the "Wildfire" quilt drive in our area.

I also finished up a table topper that I had pieced a while ago.  I used a charm pack of Terry Thompson Clothier fabric.  Can't remember the name right now.  This was for our silent auction for our charity drive at work.  We put together a kitchen basket with some homemade and some store bought items.  My contribution was the table topper and two machine embroidered kitchen towels.    I had a busy weekend last week getting those items done.  I also pin basted my son's Asian themed quilt with a pieced backing.  I will get a picture of that tomorrow when I get it done.  I also have to cut my 2 1/2" strips together for my Civil War fabric swap.  I am getting tired just talking about it.